We all know how tough it is to find someone that perfect gift for the holidays. It’s even tougher when you’re on a set budget, as most of us are. To ease your holiday shopping woes, the editors at Orient Watch USA came together to create a holiday gift guide at certain price points. Don’t forget to use the code ‘winter2013’ at check out to save 30% off your order, get free shipping and get a free watch!
Here are our staff picks for watches above $500. Please note that the watches were determined after taking 30% off at check out with code ‘winter2013’!
If you’re going abroad for the holidays, we’d recommend not leaving home without a GMT watch. The GMT function allows the wearer to view the time in two different time zones. Orient offers a variety of GMT (or Dual Time) watches that won’t break the bank.The Orient Voyager and Explorer
1. The Orient Voyager is a sport watch at heart—both in function and looks. It features a GMT complication along with power reserve and date. The slide rule on the outer bezel is a nifty tool for simply calculation. The dial is embellished with a stamped pinstripe pattern that dresses it up just a tad. The lightly toothed bezel and 100m water resistance keeps things on the sporty side.
Related models: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dh01
2. The Orient Explorer has been a top selling GMT watch for a long time, and for good reason: It’s an elegant, dressy watch that just looks downright stunning. The dial has a lot going on, but the pointed hands will lead the way. The Explorer comes on a premium leather strap with a deployment clasp for extra comfort. The movement is hacking (seconds halt) and crystal is sapphire. The case back features a fully dressed movement. The Explorer is a must have for the ambitious globetrotter or international businessman.
Pictured model (FDH00001B) priced at $715, but less 30% comes to $500.
Related models: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dh00
The Orient Star Open Heart and GMT
1. As mentioned in our previous gift guide, Orient Star is Orient’s high end watch line that employs the brand’s high grade movements. The Orient Star Open Heart is a high quality piece that features an open heart dial and power reserve. It’s certainly an upgrade from the aforementioned Orient Esteem. It also features an exhibition case back and fully stainless steel bracelet. It is an automatic, hand-winding and hacking piece.
Pictured model (SDA02002B) priced at $770, but less 30% comes to $539.
Related models: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=da02
2. Along with the Voyager and Explorer, the Orient Star GMT is a dual time watch. The SDJ00002W in beautiful white sits in 41.5mm, fully polished case. In addition to the GMT function, the watch itself is well lumed. The SDJ00002W has such a versatile look that we think it can be worn in both casual and dressy settings.
Pictured model (SDJ00002W) priced at $1,100, but less 30% comes to $770.
More information: http://orientwatchusa.com/collections/mens-watches/orient-star/dj00002w
1. The Orient Star Retrograde features a retrograde day display, date and power reserve. The model pictured (SDE00004D), is embellished with a deep blue dial and lush rose gold tone accents. The Orient Star Retrograde is the perfect watch for him to wear to work.
Pictured model (SDE00004D) priced at $1,390, but less 30% comes to $973.
Related models: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=de00
1. Like the Orient M-Force Air Diver, the Orient M-Force Beast is a viable, ISO certified sport watch that is tough as nails. All Orient M-Force watches feature Orient’s own special case structure that greatly improves and enforces ISO certification in anti-magnetism and shock resistance. The M-Force Beast lives up to its name with its 47mm wide case. In addition to a 120-click stainless steel bezel, the movement is self-winding, hand-winding and hacking.
Related models: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=el06